Painful lumps on roof of mouth, swollen, cough. Can you help?

Hi Dr, I ve developed two painful lumps on the roof of my mouth- it s swollen on either side near the top but not the middle, and when pressed the lumps feel like bruises. When I don t press them, i can feel an aching in the top of my mouth and also a bit in my jaw. I m normally very healthy but at the moment have fresher s flu- just a cough though, no other symptoms and then the aching in the top of my mouth. I m a bit worried about it so wanted to see what I should do. I havent had it very long I d just like to know a possible cause. Could you help? Caitlin
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012