Painful lumps inside shin and under knee, no swelling. Tried icing. Concerned

I have a series of burning, painful lumps at the inside top of my shin and just under the knee in the front. There is no pain or swelling at the knee. It does not hurt to run, walk, or perform other activities --- only painful to the touch. Have discontinued all activities for three weeks (was training for marathon, taking spinning classes) and tried icing with no relief. I usually heal very quickly from injury, so this is very concerning that it is not going away.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013