Painful lump with itching on the palm. Allergy to the cactus?

woke up day before yesterday with a painful small lump on left palm. Even with mag glass cannot see a bite mark, (thought might be spider) soaking had no effect, it itches a bit on the surface, but pressure on it is painful. I am a yarn spinner, and thought perhaps I had gotten a small cactus fiber from some fiber I brought with me from Tx. but see nothing, it is bit bluish and can see the curvature of the lump on hand . I am in my 70 s .
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013