Painful lump on thigh under skin. Ultrasound done. Diagnosed as cyst. Hurts to touch. What to do?

Painful lump growning in the inside of my right thigh under the skin, I applied heat and this just increased in size, when i went to the doctor last night they did an ultrasound on it and he says its a cyst . IT IS VERY VERY PAINFUL. I have pain down throughout my right leg and its now spreading the pain up my right hip. Whats going on, The leg is swellign up in the inside of my right thigh. There is a growing mass under my skin not visible to the eyes but when you touch the inside of the thigh it hurts sooooo bad when you make contact with the cyst??? it has tripled in size overnight. What should i do and what is this?
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012