Painful lump on the buttocks. Difficulty in sitting. What could it be?

Hi Dr. I have a lump on my buttocks . It only appeared 2 days ago and is quite painful. To describe the pain further it is just about bearable to sit on a soft chair and completely unbearable to sit on a hard chair. The lump itself does not really protrude but seems instead to be in-bedded in my buttocks, its roughly the size of a grape and is hard. I don t think its possible to squeeze it, not only due to the pain, but also as I cannot grip it. Any idea what it might be? or what I should do with it? I wont be able to see a doctor for a number of days due to work.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012