Painful lump on the back. Applied hot compress. What could be causing this?

I felt a lump through my 17 yr old son s bak last night. When I took a look at it the skin around the hard lump was alittle red and when I squeezed it ( i know I shouldnt have) this hard white pus came out...when I kept squeezing more and more hard white pus came out. has a terrible odor. I applied a hot compress. What could this be?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012

I have read your query.

You should get culture sensitivity of pus and send me the report.

There is infection inside the lump, which must be ruled-out.
I hope it helps.