Painful lump on the ankle with discoloration. Toes turning black. Taking lipitor and thyroid medication

4 weeks ago the tips of my right 3rd and 5th toes became painfully black. Both heals had pinprick red dots that were also painful. 1 week ago I developed a painful lump(golf ball size) on my left ankle that was accompanied by blusish discoloration of the skin. Yesterday I noticed a thin red line running up my left shin and an adjacent red area the size of a quarter. I have no injuries or breaks in my skin. No fever and I am in good health. I take lipotor and thyroid medicine only. I am a healthy 87 year old. Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013