Painful lump on back of hard palate. Taking clindamycin. What could it be?

I have a red non-moving, painful lump on the back of my hard palate .I went to the faster er ans they tried to cut it open,as they thought it ewas an absess,it was white and red than,nothing came out and it was very hard.I am on clindmycin 300 mg,4 times a day for infection,however they do not think it will help.I have an appointment with a ear nose and throat specialist,but am quite anxious.Any thoughts on what is could be? I am afraid it looks like cancer ...
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012