Painful lump in panty line, extending on both vaginal area and thigh. Green pus and blood leaking. Is it an infection?

Hard lump in panty line. About the size of a quarter. Extends to both vaginal area and thigh. The panty crease literally cuts it in half. I have had it for nearly a month and green pus and blood leak every few days, but today I spiked a fever and have horrible pain in the region. I am also achy all over. Not sure if this is related. I chose not to go to urgent care as I have only seen one obgyn in 15 years, so I am a bit modest in front of a strange dr peering into those parts. Very concerned at this point.
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013
Thank you for posting your question here, I will try to answer it to the best of my abilities.

The fact that there is green pus means that in all likelihood there is an infection. While I can understand your reservation for not wanting to go to a doctor, you really must as the situation can only get worse. The fever is also due to this infection you have.
Best case scenario, there will drain the wound and give you some antibiotics. Worst case would be that it is more than a wound being infected and you require further treatment.

I hope this answered your question