Painful lump in buttock, redness, no bleeding. Hurts to sit. Help

Hi, I m a 14 year old girl. For about 3 days I have had a very painful inner left bum cheek, as in closer to the bum crack. Origionally the crack was red but no bleeding . The redness has gone down but then I discovered a lump on the inner bum cheek. You can t really see it, however it got quite red, you can feel it beneath the skin but it is kind of long ways. I put ice on it and the redness has gone down but still very painful. It hurts to sit down or put pressure on it. It hurts to walk and more to run. I am too shy to go see a doctor or tell anyone in person but it is very painful and even though I tell myself that it will go away on it s own, I worry that it might be something more serious. I am not the kind of person to sit or lie down all day, I have things to do that I am doing in pain and I hate it! And I have horse riding in 3 days! Oh and also it is heated in that area, much hotter than on my other bum cheek. Please try and help me! Do you have any ideas on what it could be? Thankyou and please answer ASAP.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012

It might indicate fistula. So, I suggest to consult GI specialist and proctologist to further examine the affected area to rule out fistula.

Do not worry, fistula can be surgically removed easily.

If no fistula, could be any infection of the skin or hair.

So, first get checked by your physician to start antibiotic treatment orally and decide for local treatment.

All the best!