Painful lump in between the anus and vagina. History of hemorrhoids. Advice?

Hi, I'm a 51 yr. old woman and am experiencing a lump in-between my vagina and anus (perineum). I have never had something like this in that area before, although I have had hemorrhoids in the past, and this lump does actually start out appearing to be a hemorrhoid but continues along my perineum as it becomes larger and ends at the entrance of my vagina. It is painful to the touch and extremely uncomfortable to sit down. What are your thoughts and advice please?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013