Painful lump and bruise on the elbow after being hit. Is there a chance of fracture?

I hit my elbow on a bookcase while walking around a corner where it was a bit too quickly. It hurt a little, but I thought nothing much of it and continued on with my business. About 15 minutes later, when sitting down to the computer, I noticed a rather large bump had swollen up, much like a goose egg that you get when hitting your head. This bump was somewhat warm and a little red, but not much. It was painful only to the touch. I applied some arnica gel which seemed to help. Within a few hours, however, the bump and surrounding tissue began to bruise . Still, only a slight ache. Later in the day, at the insistence of a my husband, I applied ice, which made it hurt like heck. Now, nearly 5 days later, I have a large bruise surrounding the bump, although the bump is quite a bit smaller. Dull ache occasionally,and the bump hurts to touch if I push down on it. Should I be concerned? Is it possible that I broke something? Update: Bump has now gone down considerably and bruising is receding somewhat. No pain in moving elbow around so I'm fairly certain there's no major break, but if someone brushes against me (as in crowded elevator) there is pain.
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012