Painful lump above rectum. Had thrombose hemorrhoid external. Any suggestions?

Hi Dr Grief, I rencently had a thrombose hemmoroid external. It finally went away after a month. It has been several weeks now. Now I have a very painful lump above my rectum (1/2 inch above). The lump feels like it is under the skin and is hard to see myself. It is very painful to sit and walk and bend over. I have been soaking it in sitz much like I did when I had the hemmorid. This is not a hemmorid and I think from what I read it is a abscess . Any suggestions or could it be something else.
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012
Hello.i think u are suffering from fissure at the anal region.use a antibiotic and sucral.m ointment .if not subsided go tto condult surgeon