Painful legs. Underwent a surgery for spinal bifida. Will I be okay?

I am 16year old boy and have undergone surgery when I was two months old for spina bifida occulta.but now I am experiencing severe pain in my both legs upto calf muscles.intensity of pain is severe during nights ..I had recent MRI and CT scan done report says resultant bilateral severe foraminal narrowing at L5-S1 level.Diffuse posterior bulge of L5-S1 disc.Breaks are seen in bilateral pars intra articularis of L5 with grade 11 to 111 anteriolisthesis of L5 over S1 Marked sclerosis is seen in adjacent end plates of the L5-S1 disc with adjacent osteophytosis.right now I am consulting chiropractor.My question is (1) will my condition improve or worsen with the treatment. (2) I want to avoid surgery what are the other options. First surgery Dr Advice is detethering of the spinal cord Second fixing spondylolisthesis  (3) I want to play football .. Please help me becoz I am unable to concentrate on my studies because of pain.. (4) Any supplement which is recommended..  Which are best hospitals in USA & India to treat such cases.. 
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013