Painful left body. X ray showed Prominent broncho vascular marking in lungs, Cardiomegaly is seen. Meaning?

Hello Sir, My mom has pain in left part of body yesterday. Got X Ray report that states as under : Report says : - Prominent broncho vascular marking are seen in both lung fields - both CP angels appear normal - Cardiomegaly is seen - Bony thorax appear normal - No evidence of pulmonary teberculosis, consolidation or pleural effusion is seen- patient has Blood Pressure problem would you tell me what the report conclude ? Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Well come to health care magic
Dear patient, chest X-ray report is more or less normal except cardiomegaly and prominant bronchovascular markings. Cardiomegaly in chest X-RAY is found in left ventricular hypertrophy , may be due to long standing hypertension ; heart failure, may be due to heart attack; or pericardial effussion. Prominant bronchovascular markings are found in COPD or heart failur. So in case of your mother since she had left sided pain , cardiomegaly and prominant bronchovascular markings in chest X-RAY , so you should consult a cardiologist who will get her ECG, Echocardiography and cardiac enzymes done to see if she is not having myocardial infarction and heart failure
wish her speedy recovery
Dr Arshad

Anonymous's Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The left ventricle could be slightly lager from blood pressure - contributing to cardiomegaly (larger than normal heart shadow)
The X-ray is otherwise normal.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck