Painful large knot at the extracted impacted wisdom tooth area. Done oral surgery. Is it normal?

I had oral surgery on Monday, April 16th 2012. I had 21 teeth surgically removed, including an impacted wisdom tooth in the lower left jaw . On Thursday, April 19th, I developed a large knot the size of pinball in a pinball machine and it s hard, on the outside of my jawline, where the extraction of the impacted wisdom tooth took place. Is this normal? I have spoke to several people whom had the same surgery and they tell me they never expeirenced this. It s very painful. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012