Painful knees, high cholesterol and LDL. Carbohydrate intake reduced. Help?

i am 59 years and male. i am a daily dextrous walker and active and walk an a average 3-4 kms daily in the hills. My fasting sugar remains around 95 and b.p. 80/120. but i am 85 kg in weight and i am now having slight pain in knees only while climbing and not walking because of which i try not to do heavy walks. as a result my weight is becoming very difficult to shed as i want to reduce bu atleast 5-6 kg. how do i do it. also can i have two pegs of alcohol in a day twice a chlosterol was around 250 and LDL around 100. i started taking atorvastin(rozat 10) on doctors advice and took it for 3 months. but i have made drastic changes in my food intake and i take tea without sugar and no sweets, no yellow of egg, salt reduce to 1/4th per day-non veg once a week and fruits in the day with oats in the morning. i have also reduced the carbohydrate intake by half. is it safe to do this. because of this i have stopped taking atorvastin and would like to see thse sresults after a month.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013