Painful knee, cartilage at knee joint reduced. Done arthroscopy. What can be done?

having a pain in the knee.the cartilage at knee joint reduced. a small stone seen at knee joint.
one doctor advised to remove as early as possible science it may damage the joint more.
another dortor said if it gives regularly pain then we can think for operation/ arthoscopy. He further said that my knee may required a knee replacement in future since the present knee situation is showing we can wait for some time for both problems. what shall i do know pl.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013