Painful itchy lump on the buttocks. Used antibiotics. Drained and getting peeled. Is it healing?

I have bump/lump on my butt, right at the crack, but towards the top. I thought it was a hair bump, bit then it became painful, larger and warm. Touching it, I could fell that it was hard. I took and antibiotic and I ve been putting cream on it. It has gotten smaller, but the pain has gone. It now itches constantly, but whatever is inside is still very hard. I do believe it drained at one point and now the skin is peeling from it original size. I have not been seen by a doctor, but I m wondering if I m doing myself harm, by not allowing a doctor to take a look.
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012