Painful, irritating, red welt on back. What could it be, should I be concerned?

I went to work at midnight and around 6 am I noticed an irritation on my back where my bra strap would rub. I checked it around noon it is a red welt that is somewhat painful. There are no bumps or blisters around the area. Just an irritating and mildly painful feeling where the welt it. What could this be? Should I go to the doctor to have it checked?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Dera madam,

This can be local allergic reaction . You should get in touch with your doctor .

Dr. Shruti