Painful intercourse

I'm a 22 year old woman who was previously diagnosed with a cervical ectropain. Sex is painful for me, so when I was referred to the gynaecologist, he sent me for an ultrasound as he said that the ectropian wouldn't be causing the pain. the scan came back clear, so i was then sent for a laparoscopy, which also came back clear. is it possible for a cervical ectropian to cause pain during sexual intercourse?as there is nothing else wrong i feel that this must be the cause of the pain, but when i asked to doctor again i was told no.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Oct 2009

There are many other causes for having pain during sex. Vaginal infection, irritation, dryness, pelvic disease, uterine mass, and any cyst also can cause pain when having sex.

Anonymous's Response

But i have had all the possible tests (swabs, ultrasound scan, laparoscopy) and the doctors haven't found anything else that could be causing the pain? Ive also tried using lube so it isn't down to dryness! It only hurts in positions where my boyfriend is deep inside me. can anyone help?