Painful intercourse, pain while sitting during bladder fullness, cervix seems slitted. Remedy?

I have not had sex much since my son was born 17 years ago as I have mostly been on my own. However I have been told on severla occasions that it is difficult to take a smear because my cervix is split in two. Years ago a gynaecologist called it a smiley and seemed to find it funny - even when i said that when i attempted intercourse it was painful. All my smears have been normal since the birth (with one mildly abnormal before) and I have had one recently. i ahve had extensive keyhole surgery to correct endometriosis and I am familiar with the type of pain that would cause - which is different to this. When my bladder is full, at certain times in my cycle sitting is painful (definately coming from my cervix). A recent smear is clear - but the nurse did attain cells on the third (seperate) attempt. The nurse said that even after childbirth my cervix should have a small opening and be as it was before the birth. When she inserted the speculum it was really painful - also when the doctor did it and my cervix felt really sore. When I have had sex or attempted it (on about 4 occasions with a boyfriend in 2006) I bled and experienced pain - not frigid though. I wish to try to find another relationship but I am concerned intimate relations will be a problem and painful / not possible. Should I ask for a referral to get my cervix checked again and should I ask for the rip in it to be sown together to stop the two lips moving over each other as the previous gyneacologist says they currently do due to its condition?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013