Painful helix of ear while touching or sleeping. Not cured by neosporin ear drops. Looking for cure

The helix portion of my left ear is very painful when I wear my glasses, lightly touch it, or sleep on it. I cannot see any inflammation or bump. I have had this pain for one month and it just won t go away. I have tried putting neosporin on it, but it doesn t help. I can squeeze and pushed on it while sitting up and it doesn t hurt, but if I lightly touch the outer portion of the ear, it hurts. Sleeping on it is very painful too.
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012
  Anonymous's Response
I have the same problem. It's only been a week now. Left ear, top of the helix, no visible inflammation or anything, and I doesn't feel a thing if I don't touch it exactly at the right place. It feels like I broke the cartilage in my ear. It doesn't bother me much but when I hit the right spot, it hurts like hell. I would really appreciate knowing what it is and how can I get rid of it.