Painful, heavy periods due to fibroids, hysterectomy due. Have ovarian cyst. Cervix removal required?

I am scheduled for a hysterectomy on November 8th due to painful, heavy periods (usually twice a month) caused by Fibroids. I also have ovarian cysts. I have tried other less invasive treatments and the hysterectomy was recommended by two physicians...I am a single mom and can't afford to miss so much of life. I am curious about removal of my cervix. I believe I have an extremely skill surgeon who is also an oncology expert. I do trust him. My ex is a surgeon that works with him and he trusts him. He suggests removal of my tubes, uterus, and cervix...no cancer is there but to minimize future issues. I see some studies that say to keep the cervix to avoid prolaspe of organs and protect my sexual well being. Any advice?
Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013