Painful head, nerve pain, swelling, neck pain, ear pain. MRI scheduled. Suggest?

Hi there,

I've been experiencing sharp pain on the right lower part of my head and feel like a nerve is going to explode. The specific part of my head also swells up during this occurrence. I've had this for almost a year now but now it seems to be getting worse by even disturbing my driving. At times the pain feels like it travels to my neck and right ear. Im waiting on a mri appointment but was wondering if you can give me some idea to what it can be, and whether if it's serious or not? Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013