Painful hard lump behind neck, getting bigger in size, difficulty in turning head, no fever. What could it be?

I have a hard lump behind my neck on right side its painful to touch have tried heat pack and cold pack and it seems to get bigger. Started Thurs as a small pea size now I can put 3 fingers on it. I cant seem to turn my head all the way to right cause its painful do you know whet this could be. No fevers and feel fine but the pain of touch
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Hi, Jody,
Thanks for query.
It seems you are having enlarge lymph node.
It shows that you are having some infection in surrounding area like ear,scalp,neck and in the throat.
Consult your doctor and find out the place of infection and go for antibiotic medicine course.
Ok and bye.