Painful, enlarged vein below thumb, above wrist on right side. Possibility of a wrist, thumb twist?

I was using vacuum overhead to dust air vents. I got sudden pain just below my thumb on my right hand . When I looked, the vein was enlarged and very close to the surface. Movement is very painful now. Another similar vein just above the wrist on right as well. Seems I may have just twisted my hand wrong, but checking to make sure. I am in good health otherwise.
Asked On : Wed, 2 May 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Get a x ray done of hand and take pain killers, rest and elevation.
Soft bandage can help to some extent. Signaflam can be a good option as it has serratiopeptidase which promotes healing.