Painful elbow, not able to straighten fully. Sports background. Solution?

My elbow is painful and will not straighten fully. It catches and pops very loudly and is painful to bend even to the point of reaching my nose or mouth. I am 53 years old, male and have had a physical background with country living and sports. i am curious as to what may be the problem and what are my options. thank you for your time
Marty
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Hi, thank you for your question.

First step will be to do x-ray of the elbow to look for any lose body that can cause mechanical block of your elbow. It will also show us if there is arthritis in the elbow or not.

Of the above is normal then you can try course of physiotherapy.

Kind regards