Painful cramps during periods, excessive bleeding. On birth control, stopped. Cause of concern?

I’m 19. I’ve had my period for about 5/6 years now, at first they were irregular but after a while they become pretty regular and have been for about 4/5 years. I’ve always gotten painful cramps with my period so that isnt worrying me, though they have become more painful this time round. I’m just a little worried that there may be something seriously wrong as I’ve had my period 3 times in the last 7 to 9 weeks, the first time was as it normally is 6 days with regular amount of blood. I wouldn’t say heavy but not exactly light either.. the second one was a week later and lasted about 4 days and was lighter than usual, and this one the third was 2 weeks after the second, I am only 3 days in it was lighter than usual on the first day but the second third day have been heavier than usual. My period is normally slightly lighter at night also but the second night of this period I put in a tampon just before bed (8pm) and I woke up this morning (530am) and I had bleed through my nickers and my shorts. I am in a relationship and its really worrying my boyfriend as well, I have been pregnant before and have had 2 terminations both approximately a year ago (one in may and one in september of 2011). I am on the birth control pill , I have been since september 2011 and since I’ve been on there my periods have been irregular again, although they have always been consistent with the blood flow . Ive recently stoped taking the pill in the last 5 weeks.. could this have something to do with it?! Is there need to be worried?! I dont have the most nutritious diet either, would that be a factor. Please Help!!
Asked On : Thu, 22 Mar 2012