Painful cramp in the left side of neck. Feeling numb. Diabetic and using insulin. What could it be?

three times this last week I have had a sudden, painful cramp in the left side of my neck, like a severe charlie-horse that causes pain in the left side of my face and head that is so sudden and severe I fear I am going to black out before I can get the cramp to release. It probably only lasts a few seconds but then the left side of my face remains funny, almost numb feeling for a long while. I am diabetic on insulin and over 50. Is this a migraine? tension? what?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013