Painful bumps on the inner cheek, pain in upper and lower jaw. Pain in swallowing, can not chew. TMJ diagnosed. On claritin and motrin. What would be the treatment?

hi, i am 21 yrs old. i have 2 bumps on my inner cheek, right side, very painful. i also have pain on the lower and upper jaw, where my wisdom teeth would be, and pain where the 2 jaw lines would meet. ive had the bumps since oct of 2011, though they have never hurt this bad before. the rest of the pain is fairly recent. 3 days or so. it hurts to swallow , open my mouth really at all, and i cant chew. im drinking apple sauce out of a straw right now. i went to the er last night, the doc barely looked at me and told me i have tmj . while i think thats possible, i dont think it was an accurate diagnosis. especially considering she didnt even adress the bumps. she prescribed me claritin, and motrin. not sure what that has to do with tmj. its very painful, and 400 mg of motrin isnt even touching the pain. she reccommended i see a dentist , but i dont have insurance and im unemployed right now. any suggestions?
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012