Painful bump on the tip of tongue, felt exploded on eating chocolate, advised Benadryl for allergic reaction to chocolate, Advise?

I have had on and off a small slightl painful lump/ bump on the right side near the tip of my tongue . Yesterday I ate a piece of dark chocolate and it felt like it exploded. I eat a piece or two of chocolate every couple of days and it hasn t happened. I went to the doctor and she said it is an allergic reaction to chocolate and to take Benadryl . By the time I arrived home the lump although still there was barely noticeable. I did not take the Benadryl. I woke up at 430 this morning in pain as the lump was back. Any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012