Painful bruise on the shin has swollen post running, seems to swell again on standing for a while. Busted blood vessel or fracture?

Hi, I am a kickboxer. I ran sprints today and kicked on the punching bag. Yesterday I had a small painful bruise on the front/inside of my shin (about three fingers from my knee ). However, it was fine until I got home and sat down later in the evening. Then I felt a sharp pain and noticed it was swollen to about the size of a golf ball, it was painful and hard with slightly more brusing. I have iced it on and off since and the swelling has gone down to an oval shape, and it seems to swell up again after standing for a while. Would this be a busted blood vessel or possibly a fracture?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012