Painful bruise in the leg after injury. Have a knot above the knee. Will these heal of its own?

i had some metal grates fall on my leg, like our fingers above my knee , they sort of hit and then slid off my leg. It made a big bruise that is getting bigger but looks like it is healing , some spots are still purple and others are turning yellow. I also have a knot above my knee which is why I am writing. Is having a knot normal? It doesnt hurt unless I push on it, it is tight and there is no bruise where the knot it.
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012