Painful breathing, blood test positive for whooping cough. Had bronchitis

I have been sick for 6 weeks. I was diagnosised with bronchitis at the hospital and treated with antibiotic and cough syrup . Two weeks ago my physcian did a blood test and it came back positive for whooping cough . He also thought I had a cracked rib my left side was hurting and senstive. The past two days I am getting severe pain when I breath and move it feels like someone punched my left lung . Do you think this is something that should be checked or just muscles
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012