Painful bowel movement, bleeding from rectum. How to ease the process?

I ate way too many almonds in the past 2 days & now when having a bowel movement the undigested particiles are extremely painful (feels like I am getting cut) & I have bleeding from the rectum . What can I do to ease this process? I now know not to eat more than an ounce or so of almonds at one time - - - wow! This is painful!!!
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Your description is not clear - if the blood is separate from the stool, it could be local injury. If it is mixed with it,is blood from a place little above. If the blood is dark, it has stayed or some time and is from far above!
You have not mentioned your age! One has to exclude tumour or polyp - especially if 40+
It may or may not be related to almonds - 'Post hoc ergo propter hoc' (after this, therefore because of this).
Better to see a general surgeon or Gastroenterolgist - just to make sure there is no other internal cause
One must take plenty of water - especially if eating fibres.
Anything must be in moderation!
Good luck