Painful bluish bruises on toes and ankles after getting hurt. How long will it take to heal?

I stubbed my foot very hard running, and there is a lot of bluish/gray bruising on my toes and around my joints and on the top of my foot. After I stubbed it I got really hot for a few minutes and light headed. That made me think I probably broke something in my foot. It is very painful to try to walk on it, but other than that it doesn t bother me that much its not in constant pain. I don t know if I should have it looked at by a doctor or do you think it should be fine after it has time to heal?
Asked On : Wed, 26 Sep 2012