Painful and swollen lower lip. Swollen gland below jaw. Should I attempt to squeeze out the pus?

I have a very painful swollen lower lip which formed a white tip filled with hard pus . I ve applied warm salted water, hydrogen peroxide , antibiotic ointment, etc. to the area. I also applied a crushed moistened aspirin to it last night which seemed to help with swelling and pain which had radiated the right side of my face. My right gland below my right jaw is also swollen. This began several days ago with the bump beginning to appear on Tuesday (two days ago) which is when I began my home treatments. Should I attempt to squeeze out the pus? It is so painful.
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for writing to us.
You are having swollen lower lip with abscess formation in it.
This infection has also involved the adjoining lypmph node which also has become enlarged and inflammed..
You have tried various home remedies with some relief.
You want to squeeze the puss,yes you can,but better would be to consult a physician who besides draining the puss will also prescribe you systemic antibiotic and analgesic anti inflammatory drugs.That is all you need and your infection will get subside in 3 to 4 days
Hope I answered your question.