Painful and swollen knee, hands. Blood test showed high ESR and CRP. What do you think?

Over the past week my knee has become painful and swollen. The pain has been unbearable, the knee is so swollen I cannot bend it or straighten it and cannot put weight on foot. My hands have become swollen and painful at joints, so bad I can,t even bath properly or dress. I have Been feeling very tired and irritable and have had pains in my legs especially when lying down that starts at the groin radiating down the kegs to the feet. My feet have also been painful and hurt when trying to weight bear. Had a blood test yesterday morning at 9.30am the doctor rang me at 6.10pm to tell me my bllod test showed I had raised levels. She said I had a ESR of 75 and a CRP of 84. I am 47, female, not over weight, I do not smoke. Doctor could not explain why these levels were raised. I have no infection or fever. What do you think and should I be worried. I am generally of good health.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013