Pain while urinating, little clots of blood. Prescribed Amoxacillin. What to do ?

My live in your old son went to the doctor yesterday because he was having Pain urinating in a little bit of blood while he was urinating. They put him on Amoxacillin and sent him home, and see if he has any more pains to call them back. About 8 hours later he called me into the bathroom and show me little clots of blood that were coming out. He also says that he has to push on the base of his penis to be able to urinate. Should I take him back to the doctor or wait for the medicine to start working?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012