Pain while urinating, itching, stomach pain, blood in urine. Cefixime prescribed. Urine culture, ecoli bacteria. Puberty or something else?

Hello Doctor, My daughter is 11yrs old. She is suffering from urinary infection pain while urinating, itching, stomach pain and two times one drop of blood in the urine . We took culture, she is having 0000 E.Coli bacteria and the doctor prescribed cefixime 100mg twice for 5 days and he also said that blood in the urine is an indication for pre puberty . Please advice on this matter.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jun 2012