Pain while urinating. Having periods. UTI or vaginal infection?

About a week ago I was having some slight pain/discomfort when urinating. I had had a UTI before and so I figured that was what it was. I went to an urgent care center and they gave me a 3 day dose of ciprofloxacin . The discomfort of urinating has mostly subsided but i still have some discomfort. The skin around my urethra is also somewhat tender. I am wondering if this is still a UTI or if it could be some kind of vaginal infection. Currently I have my period, is it possible to go to my gynecologist and get this figured out while I have my period or should I wait until after my period is over?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013