Pain while swallowing. Reddish tonsils and yellowish spots in the throat. What is wrong?

My strep culture was negative but I feel like I am swallowing glass every night for the last 5days and the back of my throat , tonsils and uvula are red and veiny with a yellow tint and patchyspots that are yelllow or white... I feel disgusting and I also had a coold sore on my lip at the same time... what is this? The walk in told me you are definately sick because your glands are swollen, I just don t know with what.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012