Pain while swallowing. Had medicine stuck in the throat and removed. Is this normal?

A week ago I got a large vitamin lodged in my throat . I could not get it out so I went to ER. It was really stuck. They were so busy they didn t really treat me for 4 hrs, that vitamin just sat in my throat. They decided to give me some ledicaine and then they were contemplating what to do and I was gagging from the ledicaine and it went down, finally. Since then it hurts when I swallow . It was excruciating for about 5 days. It does appear to be a little better but still a little pain. Should I be worried?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013