Pain when urinating, prescribed Trimethoprim. Anal itching, yellow discharge with blood. What is wrong?

For around a week now I ve been having stinging pain when urinating, I thought this was a water infection so I went to my local GP and he subscribed me 10 Trimethoprim tablets to take (200mg) but now after a few days of taking the tablets ( and just before) I started to get a itching around my anus and I can t make a stool all I am having is a thick yellow discharge and sometimes blood coming out, can you tell me what is wrong? Is this a side effect of the tablets?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012