Pain when urinating, itchy vagina. Done CBC. Taking Ciprofloxacin. What is wrong?

Hi, I went to the doctor last night because i am in pain when urinating for about a week now. And the first 3 days my vagina was a bit itchy. And then they took a CBC and urine test of me. And they told me that my urine has too many pus and need to be cultured. And asking me to take ciprofloxacin 2x a day for 7 days. I just want to know what is wrong with me? I am paranoid that I can have STI aside from UTI . please help.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012