Pain when changing posture. Stopped Rosuviastatin and Silendenfil. Should I take rest?

Hi, For the last one 20 days I am having sever pain (after some 5 miles hike which I do normally) when -from standing to sitting position at the side of hip -from sleeping to standing position internal thighs (most when I wake up) - take few minutes to stand straight from sitting position -my posture seems to to lean to right - I stopped all medication ( Rosuviastatin 5 mg, silendenfil 50mg) - Pain has subsided from severe to moderate. -I am getting some relief after massage How long it will take to come back to normal? should I take complete rest with workout? I am 59 years with goo health (slightly above normal BP and Chlestorol - HDL is very low)
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
The sudden and sharp pain in the hip that you are having could be due to a side effect of the drug you are taking - rosuvastatin or a muscle spasm in the area. Since you have stopped taking the drug, the symptoms should improve in next few days.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,