Pain under sternum and right side kedney. Had pancreatitis cleared, diabetic, have COPD. Treatment?

I had pancreatitis when I was a child, I'm 58 now. Then they just took me off of everything with processed sugar for a year and the symptom went away and have never returned, until now. I'm having the same searing pain just under the bottom of the sternum that I remember from years ago. I am Type 2 diabetic and also have COPD. I have pain in my back on the right side in the general kidney area. I am not experiencing any less of an appitite, maybe a little more of one, as sometimes it actually relieves this pain a little. Should I mention this to my doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013