Pain under rib cage after injury, difficulty breathing. Broken ribs?

hi there my name is cherrie i do muay thai kickboxing and i got a kick straight up under my arm pit to my rib cage the first reaction to the rib cage was just a real sharp pain then i was winded straight after it. i feel no pain until i take sudden movements when i move its hard to breath and the pain is shocking . do you think my ribs are broken?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
  Anonymous's Response
well that seems like a hard blow you got there , i presume u do not have any breathing difficulty as of yet , the sharp pain can be for two reasons : reason a: broken ribs (the obvious )
reason b: your serratus anterior muscles the muscles just below your armpit must have been injured
i suggest you to get an x-ray and consult with a physician
take care