Pain under knee cap, warm sensation, swelling. History of ACL tear. Prescribed Prednisone

I squatted down and had a large pop and pain under my knee cap. Pain went away. Now it has happened a few times. Gives my leg/foot a warm sensation. No pain with walking but feels like something swollen under the knee cap. I am 37, tore that same ACL and MCL 20 years ago with an autodonation of my own papatellar tendon . Saw md yesterday and gave me prednisone . Still had pop and pain happen once today. Should I investigate this further with ortho?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013